Opening at Prajnya: Programme Assistant, Education for Peace Initiative
The Prajnya Trust is looking to appoint a Programme Assistant for its Education for Peace Initiative.
- This is a Chennai-based, part-time (20 hours a week), short-term (4 month) position with research and logistical responsibilities.
- The tenure of the position is from April to July 2011, with the possibility of extension.
- The work-schedule is flexible; however the person must be available to meet and report to the EPI director once a week and must meet the required weekly work targets.
The work associated with this appointment primarily, but not exclusively, involves:
- Research in Indian mythology/ folklore;
- Project-related documentation;
- Organization of project-related meetings and programmes, as necessary.
- Research experience, especially in library use;
- Ready access to a computer with Internet, and proficiency in using the Internet for communication and some research;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Mobility within Chennai;
- Basic administrative skills and proven organizational ability.
- Ability to read and write other Indian languages.
This position is ideal for:
- Persons with an interest in reading and interest in children’s literature;
- Chennai-based candidates;
- Persons seeking flexi-work options in literary and education-related areas.
Interested candidates may submit their resumé and a brief covering note to <firstname.lastname@example.org> by March 1, 2011. Please note we may request a writing sample as well from shortlisted candidates.
To learn more about Prajnya, please see: http://www.prajnya.in